Thursday, August 6, 2009

Up, Up and Away!

This week I learned of an organization that could fulfill my childhood fantasy of riding in a hot air balloon. Serena's Song, led by Gary Waldman, is the world's first wheelchair-accessible hot air balloon ride.

Serena’s song is named after Waldman’s daughter who was born with Cerebral Palsy. As a young girl Serena fell in love with hot air balloon rides….and the idea for Serena’s song was born. Since 1991, Waldman has taken over 20,000 families into the skies for the ride of their lives.

Unfortunately, if you are reading this and hearing of Serena’s Song for the first time, you have missed Waldman’s North Carolina dates for this year. I hope you will forgive me; I couldn’t miss this opportunity to share this information and give you a heads up for next year!

Team Daniel has talked with Gary and he assures us he will be back in 2010. Here is the link to the website…the tour dates are old, but the contact information is current: http://serenassong.com/ .

I will keep you all updated on possible North Carolina dates for next year. Up, Up and Away!

No comments:

Post a Comment